The Wisconsin Project on Nuclear Arms Control is seeking an editor for Iran Watch, a website devoted to monitoring Iran’s capability for building weapons of mass destruction. The purpose of the site is to increase awareness of the strategic situation in Iran and to make detailed knowledge of Iran’s weapon potential, and of entities contributing to that potential, available to policymakers and the media. Iran Watch also is focused on analyzing the implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action. The Wisconsin Project is a non-profit, non-partisan research and advocacy organization based in Washington D.C.
The editor would be responsible for maintaining and updating all features of the website. The editor would also participate in the Project’s advocacy and outreach on Iran. Specific duties include:
- researching and writing quarterly essays and regular policy briefs
- monitoring the implementation of sanctions, investigating potential violations, and writing short reports about these topics
- conducting open source research and writing profiles of Iranian entities and sites linked to the country’s proliferation-related programs as well as foreign entities supporting these programs
- updating the site’s library of primary source documents
- supporting outreach and advocacy through emails, social media, and briefings
- organizing and assisting roundtable discussions, and drafting a summary of findings based on these discussions
Qualifications: Candidates must have a strong academic background, including an advanced university degree (Master’s, or equivalent). Candidates should also have approximately 2-3 years of professional experience, an interest in conducting in-depth research, strong writing skills, and a demonstrated commitment to stopping weapons proliferation. Candidates with experience using social media are strongly preferred, as are candidates proficient in a relevant foreign language. A successful candidate will be a detail-oriented self-started who is comfortable working independently in a small office.
To apply: Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Iran Watch editor” in the subject line. The application deadline is January 16, 2017. No calls please.