Institut für Politikwissenschaft
Visiting Professorship for Researcher at Risk
At the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Vienna (Department of Political Science) the position of a Visiting Professor of Migration Politics with a focus on Europe/EU is to be filled.
Main research field: Political Science
Special research field: Migration Politics; Europe/EU
Applications are sought from outstanding academics working in areas connected with the study of migration politics with a focus on Europe and/or the EU. This position is specifically dedicated to support a researcher, who is threatened in his/her home country due to the content of his/her scientific work or opinions he/she has expressed. The candidate is expected to teach one course in the department¡|s Master¡|s degree programme in the autumn term 2017/18 (October 1, 2017 to January, 31, 2018). The course can be taught as a ¡§block seminar¡¨ which means it can take place within 2-3 weeks within a period of 90 days. The salary will be a lump sum of 4000 Euros gross. Other expenses are not reimbursable.
The successful candidate will fulfil the following criteria:
– Doctoral degree/Ph.D. and post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution
– Be currently at risk in her/his home country
– Outstanding achievements in research, excellent publication record, international reputation
– Have a good knowledge of English or German
– Hold a valid passport/travel document and be able to travel to Austria
Applications (in English or German) must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than by May 28th, 2017
– Motivation letter including a brief description of current research interests and academic teaching
– A confidential application letter describing the researcher¡|s situation
– Academic curriculum vitae including list of publications
– A syllabus (4-6 pages) for the course that is planned to be taught
– A copy of the applicant¡|s Ph.D. diploma
Please submit all your application documents together as one PDF-file.
The University of Vienna pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/en). The University puts a special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.