The Centre for Southeast European Studies is looking for an
University Assistant with doctorate
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment until August 31, 2019; position to be filled as of September 1st 2017 )
- Independent research
- Contribution to collaborative, third-party research (application, project management and realisation)
- Teaching and teaching support
- Student supervision
- PhD in the humanities or social sciences, preferably completed within the last three academic years
- Masters education in history, cultural studies, anthropology, comparative politics or international relations
- Excellent area studies knowledge of Turkey
- Experience or interest in the research field Muslims in Southeast Europe
- Experience or interest in the research field Diasporas and transnational networks
- Experience in comparative scholarly research (a background in quantitative methodologies is welcome, willingness to work with qualitative methods is required)
- Excellent command of Turkish and English, preferably also knowledge of an additional southeast European language
- Good record in academic publishing
- Good teaching record
- Innovative thinking and commitment to independent academic work
- Openness towards new research questions and methods
- Outstanding social skills and teamwork abilities
- Excellent communications- and management skills
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3626.60 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: June 28th 2017
Reference Number: MB/111/99 ex 2016/17
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and include a statement of motivation (1 page), a proposal for a research project (2 pages), a short narrative CV (1 page), a full CV (max. 6 pages), contact details of two referees (the referees are requested to send their reference letters to the Centre by e-mail or post no later than deadline for application) and photocopies of your university diplomas, all documents only in one PdF-document in order as listed to: