The Department of International Affairs is seeking Lecturer/Assistant/ Associate Professor who is motivated to teach and develop our undergraduate in International Affairs. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching and research interests in women in Islam, Culture and Politics and Globalization. Candidates are expected to conduct research in their area of specialization.
Primary responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses in International Affairs along with the applicant’s field of expertise; contributing to the university core curriculum; supervising graduation projects; and being an active member in the department, college, and university communities.
All QU faculty members must demonstrate effectiveness in the following categories: teaching; academic advising and program development; scholarly research, professional and/or creative activities; and institutional and/or community service.
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates, destined to shape the future of Qatar. The university community has diverse and committed faculty that teaches and conduct research, which addresses relevant local and regional challenges, advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations of society.
Qatar University is an intellectual and scholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange of ideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry. All members of the University – faculty, staff, and students – are expected to advance the scholarly and social values embodied by the university.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses twelve departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature & Linguistics and Arabic Languages, History, Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Mass Communication, Psychology, Policy, Planning & Development, Statistics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Public Health, Biomedical Sciences, Material Science, Sports Science, and Human Nutrition. The College also houses five Master Programs, which are in Environmental Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Gulf Studies, Material Science and Arabic Language. In Fall 2013, CAS launched a PhD in Biological and Environmental Sciences. Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers.Also, the newly established three research centers namely Center for Social Science and Humanities, Center for Sustainable Development, and Gulf Studies Center.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CAS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding 1 million/project (5 million exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Teach courses in their area of specialization
2. Contribute to various committees at the Program, College, and University level
3. Contribute to the research profile of College through research publications
4. Serve as student advisor, when needed
5. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
1. Ph. D. in the Relevant disciplinary area
2. Strong peer reviewed publication record
3. Teaching experience at tertiary level
4. Familiar with Educational technologies used in higher education sector
5. Willingness to work with teams
6. Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds
7. Fluency in Arabic and English
1. Current Curriculum Vitae
2. Statement of Teaching Philosophy
3. Research Plan
4. Contact details of three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Academic transcript of the Highest Qualification
6. Any additional documentation deemed relevant to the application
1. A three-year renewable contract
2. Salary is commensurate with experience
3. Tax-free salary
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies
6. Educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies
9. End-of-contract indemnity