The College of Arts and Sciences at Qatar University, invites
applications for a post of Associate Researcher In the Social Sciences
in the Center for Humanities and Social Sciences. The deadline for
application is April 15, 2016.
The main objectives of the Center are:
1.Promoting and increasing collaborative multi-disciplinary and
interdisciplinary research projects in the humanities and social
sciences within and beyond Qatar University,
2.Maximizing the rate of growth of successfully awarded research grants
in the humanities and social sciences in CAS and the University,
3.Supporting young researchers in CAS and the university to become more
capable to conduct research in their fields,
4.Providing research services as an expert clearing house for the
university community, other educational institutions, government
agencies and the industrial and commercial sector to improve planning,
productivity and services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
1.Help establish and manage an interdisciplinary research program and
create research agendas for the Social Sciences.
2.Employ innovative tools of interdisciplinary research in the
disciplines of the Social Sciences represented at Qatar University
3.Develop and create research environment and hold workshops, seminars
and conferences for that effect.
4.Augment the dissemination of research output through publication with
5.Attract and cooperate with local, regional and international
researchers and research bodies in the subject area.
6.Create collaborative research environment and enhance academic
cooperation within the college, the university and the wider research
7.Teach one course per semester in the relevant discipline if requested.
1.PhD in any field of the Social Sciences, relevance to developing
research in the Gulf region given priority.
2.Evidence of successful academic research and publications.
3.An ability to create research programs and research agendas.
4.Willingness to work with teams.
5.Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds.
6.Possess excellent social and communication skills including good
command of Arabic/English.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as
well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if
graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However,
if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the
registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your
highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in
accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible
candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
For details on this position, go to