The Department of International Affairs at Qatar University, invites applications for an Assistant Professor in International Relations, to begin in the Fall of 2012. The position is for three years and is renewable. Applications to this position are open to scholars with academic expertise and research focus in international relations. Preference is given to those who have specialisms in Diplomacy, Security Studies or Globalization. The Department of International Affairs is committed to engaging students with a wide range of texts, theories and perspectives, and to helping create an inclusive and vibrant intellectual community at Qatar University.
Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2012
Position Category: Academic
Employment Type: Full Time
Position Term: Three Years Renewable
Duties and responsibilities:
- Teaching undergraduate courses in the field of International Relations;
- Teaching other related topics or introductory level classes.
- Provision of a general educational lectures and sessions for students
- Active participation in the department, program and college committees
- Commitment to research and scholarship
Candidates will be considered for the position based on the following qualifications:
- Experience in teaching.
- Relevant academic qualifications
- A record of academic and research achievements that warrant appointment at the requested rank.
- A PhD with a focus on International Relations
- Relevant teaching experience
- Fluency in English
Please apply online by submitting a cover letter and curriculum vitae, as well as a dossier that includes three letters of recommendation. Additionally, please explain your research activities and teaching methods in your covering letter. General queries regarding this position can be directed to Dr. Steven Wright, Head of the Department of International Affairs, email@example.com.
- A three-year renewable contract; competitive tax-free salary;
- furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies;
- annual round trip air tickets for the individual and immediate dependents; educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible candidates only) and private health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies; annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies;
- and end-of-contract indemnity.
Qatar University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a year-round position and will exist for the duration of at least three years.