The Gulf Studies Program, College of Arts and Science at Qatar University, Doha, invites applications for a Full Professor/Associate Professor position in Political Science to begin Fall 2012. The position is three years renewable. Area of research in the field of Political Science must be related to Arab Gulf politics with a focus on energy geopolitics and political economy of the Gulf States. Fluency in English is required and, in addition, knowledge of Arabic is preferred. The Gulf Studies Program is committed to producing new research and to familiarizing students with a wide range of texts, voices, perspectives and cultures while building an inclusive intellectual community in Gulf Studies.
Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2012
Position Category: Academic
Employment Type: Full Time
Position Term: Three Years Renewable
Duties and responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities include teaching MA courses in the area of energy geopolitics and political economy in the Arab Gulf; supervising student master’s theses; advising students through specific meetings and office hours (3 hours per week); providing logistical support to Gulf Studies projects and activities; and being an active member in the program, college, and university communities.
All QU faculty members must demonstrate effectiveness in the following categories: research, teaching; academic advising and program development; scholarly, professional and/or creative activities; and institutional and/or community service.
Required qualifications include a PhD in Political Science; significant record of publications in this field (commensurate with rank) in a range of reputable journals and publications; evidence of superior teaching; IT proficiency for personal and classroom use; and ability to provide leadership and engage in the program development.
- Online Application letter;
- Curriculum vita;
- Names, phone numbers, and email address of three references;
- Academic transcript;
- Any additional documents deemed relevant to application.
- Three-year renewable contract;
- Competitive tax-free salary;
- Health insurance coverage for faculty member and immediate dependents in accordance with QU HR policies;
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies;
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents;
- Educational allowance for candidate’s children in accordance with QU HR policies;
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies;
- End-of-contract indemnity.