The Department of Humanities at Qatar University invites applications for an Assistant, Associate or Full Professor position in Islamic History. The successful candidate should be able to teach, review and develop different courses related to the area of Islamic history. The candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven record in research excellence and scholarship related to the field of Islamic history.
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Position Term:||Three Years Renewable|
|Duties and responsibilities:||1 – Developing and teaching effectively Islamic history courses using modern tools such as multimedia and e-learning environment.
2- Carry out research in line with the research agenda of the department and college, as well as fostering a collaborative research agenda with other departments within Qatar University and beyond.
3- Perform other academic duties in accordance with Qatar University academic bylaws.
|Competencies:||1- The ability to provide innovative and dynamic teaching in a small, as well as in a large class learning environment
2- the applicant should be proficient in both Arabic and English.
3- Experience with using computer in teaching is advantageous.
4- Ability to teach undergraduate courses related to Islamic history.
|Qualifications:||1- Applicants should possess a PhD degree in Islamic history or related areas.
2-Applicants should have the minimum of five years teaching experience in the relevant area of specialization.
3- Applicants should have a proven track record of research and publications in relevant research fields.
|Required Documents:||1. QU eRecruitment online application;
2. Curriculum vitae/resume with cover letter;
3. At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
|Benefits:||1. Competitive tax-free salary
2. Housing in accordance with Qatar University HR policies
3. Annual round trip airfare for candidate and dependent family members
4. Public health care and health insurance for candidate and family members
5. Educational allowance for up to three children in accordance with Qatar University HR policies
6. Annual leave in accordance with Qatar University HR policies
7. End of contract indemnity.