We are seeking a Middle East Analyst to join our Oxford-based team delivering authoritative analysis to clients in government, NGOs, multinational corporations and the financial sector. Your remit will be region wide, but your focus will be on developing the firm’s macro risk coverage of the Levant, Gulf, Iran and Iraq, providing forward-looking qualitative analysis of the political, security and business risks flowing from events in the region.
In this role, you will:
- shape the firm’s macroeconomic coverage of the region by commissioning, editing and writing analysis for our flagship daily subscription publication, the Daily Brief;
- manage and develop a network of expert external contributors from the world’s leading universities and research institutions;
- brief clients in conference calls and in person;
- represent the firm at external events and with print and broadcast media; and
- contribute your regional expertise to the firm’s other macro risk products and services.
You will have:
- demonstrable ability to interpret complex developments in an international context for specialist and non-specialist audiences of strategists, policymakers and investors;
- an academic and working background relating to the contemporary Middle East with a post-graduate degree in a relevant field;
- a track record in commissioning, writing and editing macro risk analysis, preferably in the context of daily publishing;
- an aptitude for writing and editing with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced and collaborative professional working environment;
- analytical, review, teamwork and organisational skills;
- verbal and written communications skills in English, including experience in briefing clients, public speaking and talking to the media;
- a working knowledge of a regional language;
- a grasp of finance and economics as they pertain to geo-politics;
- comfort with developing strong working relationships with senior scholars and other specialists;
- high levels of integrity and initiative; and
- an abiding passion for world affairs.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Analysis.
Salary & Benefits
This role is based in Oxford with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please email your CV and a cover letter including details of current salary, when you would be available to start and the status of your right to work in the United Kingdom to:
Oxford Analytica Ltd
5 Alfred Street
OXFORD OX1 4EH
Closing date for applications is 8th August, 2016
You may be required to take a written test before interview.