Research Assistant (75%)
(Salary Scale 13 TV-L)
The appointment will start as soon as possible. The position is limited to 5 years. The extent of the position is equivalent to 75% of the standard working time.
Responsibilities and duties
- teaching assignment of three hours per week during the semester
- various tasks relating to research, teaching, internationalisation and administration in the Religious Studies Unit
- pursuing an own research project
- excellent degree in Religious Studies (or a related discipline in social or cultural studies, eg. anthropology or sociology)
- excellent level of English, working knowledge of German, further language skills related to the candidate’s own research fields
- international orientation and experience from different countries
- innovative high-quality research project
Further desirable qualifications
- academic teaching experience, ideally in the field of Islam (the applicant is expected to be able to offer couses on Islam – based on a review of recent research – within a year’s time).
- PhD (candidates whose PhD is not yet completed can also be considered)
- international research contacts
Please do not send any original documents. Applications cannot be returned.
As an equal opportunities employer, Leibniz Universität Hannover intends to promote women in the context of statutory requirements. For this reason suitably qualified women are specifically invited to apply.
Equally qualified applicants with disabilities will be given preferential treatment.
Please send your application with the usual documents (certificates, CV, publication list and list of teaching experience) by April 1, 2015 to:
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Universität Hannover
Institut für Theologie und Religionswissenschaft
Prof. Dr. Wanda Alberts