The Centre for Iranian Studies (CIS) at the London Middle East Institute, SOAS invites applications for the Iran Heritage Foundation Visiting Fellowship Programme. One fellowship will be tenable from March 2012 for a maximum period of six months. Thereafter, two fellowships per year will be offered starting from the beginning of the academic year 2012/13. Each fellowship is available for a minimum of four and a maximum of six months.
Applicants will normally hold a PhD or equivalent and must demonstrate sufficient command of English to be able to take part in the academic life of SOAS. Their research may be in any discipline working on Iran. In the absence of teaching responsibilities, the Fellows will be expected to participate fully in the academic and intellectual life of the Centre for Iranian Studies in particular and SOAS more generally, including giving occasional lectures and taking part in CIS academic conferences and seminars.
Fellows will be given access to the SOAS library, office space and work station. They will receive a monthly stipend of £1,500 and will be refunded for the cost of their return journey from their country of residence to London to take up the Fellowship.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2012
Further Information: http://www.soas.ac.uk/news/newsitem73133.html
Interested candidates should submit the following to E. email@example.com:
- Current CV including publications demonstrating clearly their research track record in Iranian Studies.
- 1,000-word description of the proposed research project: its objectives, importance and expected output.
- Expected date of publication for the completed project.
- Contact information for three referees.
Applicants who hold an academic position should also submit a statement from their current institution indicating:
- If sabbatical leave is available.
- Home institution policy regarding sabbatical pay.
- How many sabbatical leaves have been taken over the past seven years.