|The School of History, Archaeology & Religion wishes to appoint a full time, fixed-term lecturer to deliver high-quality and research-led teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. The post-holder will also be expected to contribute to the research record of the School through commitment to carrying out research leading to the publishing of work in high-quality journals and to pursue excellence in research, teaching and enterprise.
Full Time, Fixed Term for 3 years
Salary: £31342 – £37394 per annum (Grade 6). It is not anticipated that an appointment be made above £33242 per annum (Point 32)
Date advert posted: Wednesday, 25 February 2015
Closing date: Friday, 3 April 2015
Cardiff University reserves the right to close the pool earlier should sufficient applications be received
|Job Description|| Main Duties
To deliver high-quality and research-led teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate level and contribute to the research record of the School through commitment to carrying out research leading to the publishing of work in high-quality journals. To pursue excellence in research, teaching and enterprise and to inspire others to do the same.
|Person Specification||Essential Criteria
Qualifications and Education
1. Postgraduate degree at PhD level in Islamic Studies. Preference may be given to those with specialism in Islamic law.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
3. Teaching experience at undergraduate/postgraduate level
4. Knowledge of current status of research in specialist field
5. Proven ability to publish in high quality peer-review journals
6. Proven ability to be successful in competitive research funding
7. Ability to contribute to the delivery and continued development of modules across the School’s teaching programmes
Pastoral, Communication and Team Working
9. The ability to provide appropriate pastoral support to students, appreciate the needs of individual students and their circumstances and to act as a personal tutor
2. Proven ability to adapt to the changing requirements of the Higher Education community.
3. Evidence of ability to participate in and develop both internal and external networks and utilise them to enhance the teaching and research activities of the School.
4. A willingness to take responsibility for academically related administration and development.
|Salary Range Min.||31,342|
|Salary Range Max.||37,394|