Start Date: Fall 2014; Salary: Negotiable
Application Deadline: 09/15/2013
Subfield(s): Comparative Politics
The Political Science Department in the College of Letters Arts and Social Sciences at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin Fall 2014. The Position: The faculty member will primarily teach undergraduate classes in Comparative Politics. All areas of specialization within Comparative Politics will be considered. The position requires excellence in teaching and advising, professional and scholarly achievements, and a commitment to service to the university. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a commitment to diversity in higher education are particularly encouraged to apply.
• Ph.D. in Political Science from an accredited university by September 1, 2014.
• University teaching experience.
• Evidence of scholarly potential (conference presentations, publications, grant development).
• Evidence of ability to work with and mentor a diverse student population.
• Preference will be given to those with specializations in Europe, Latin America, Middle East, South/Southeast Asia and/or Africa and/or a secondary subarea expertise in security studies within international relations. Electronic Application
Procedure: A completed application will consist of:
• a cover letter that describes the candidate’s teaching and research experience and interests and that addresses the duties and qualifications articulated in the position description. This must include a statement of teaching philosophy within a multicultural environment with examples of past experiences;
• a curriculum vitae comprised of at least those elements specified on the application form and including the names, titles, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least five individuals who can speak to the candidate’s potential for success in this position;
• a completed application form;
• a transcript showing highest degree earned (an official transcript will be required of finalists);
• three recent letters of reference;
• Please send recent teaching evaluation summaries if available. The position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to completed applications received no later than September 15, 2013. Early response is encouraged. An online submission process can be accessed at:https://class.csupomona.edu/applyonline-
Inquiries about the position (but NOT application
materials) can be addressed to:
Faculty Search Committee
c/o Lisa Nelson, Chair, Search Committee, lnelson@
Political Science Department
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Pomona, CA 91768
Phone: 909.869.3887 FAX: 909.869.6995
firstname.lastname@example.org (Kim Alm, Support Staff)