The Department of Middle East Studies at Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel, invites applicants for a full-time, tenure-track position to begin 1 October 2017. Candidates should specialize in the history of the Middle East in the modern era.
We are looking for a candidate whose research offers critical perspectives on the history of the Middle East from the 19th century onward. Successful candidates must hold a Ph.D. S/he will be expected to actively engage in research, supervise graduate students, and take part in academic activity in the Department of Middle East Studies, in addition to teaching undergraduate and graduate courses. Candidates must be qualified to teach in Hebrew.
Applications should be sent by Monday, October 3, 2016, to Dr. Iris Agmon (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include the following documents:
• Curriculum Vitae (including contact details);
• Description of future research plans;
• List of publications;
• Three recent publications and/or writing samples;
• Letter of intent stating willingness to begin teaching in the Fall of 2017;
• Three Letters of Recommendation sent by the referees directly to the above email address.