With its 4,300 employees and 32,500 students, the University of Graz provides an exciting and varied work environment. Given our expertise in research and teaching, we are a central institution in Styria.
The Centre for Southeast European Studies is looking for an
University Assistant with doctorate
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment until August 31, 2019; position to be filled as of September 3rd 2018 )
- Contribution to collaborative, third-party research (application, project management, realisation)
- Teaching and teaching support
- Student supervision
- Participation in organisational and administrative tasks
- PhD in the humanities or social sciences on a theme related to Turkey’s politics and society
- Master education politics or international relations, history, sociology, cultural studies, or anthropology
- Experience or interest in the research field Diasporas and transnational networks
- Good record in academic publishing
- Excellent command of Turkish and English, knowledge of German is welcomed
- If you are shortlisted, you will be asked to write an essay on a set question at short notice
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3711.10 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: July 18th 2018
Reference Number: MB/107/99 ex 2017/18
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV and photo to:
Please include in your application the following documents in one PDF-document in the order as listed: A statement of motivation (1 page), a proposal for a research project (2 pages), a short narrative CV (1 page), a full CV (6 pages), contact details of two referees (the referees are requested to send their reference letters to the Centre by e-mail or post no later than the deadline for application) and copies of your university diplomas.