Job opportunity for a two-year post-doc position at the University of Gothenburg Sweden. The suitable candidate should either focus on religion and health or on a project focused on the nexus between Islamic studies and esoteric studies.

Type of employment: Fixed-term employment, 2 years

Extent: 100 %
Location: Department of Literature, History of Ideas, and Religion, Göteborg
First day of employment: As soon as possible
Reference number: PER 2013/53

Subject area

Religious Studies

Specific subject description

Religious Studies

Job assignments

The holder of the position, which is for two years, shall conduct an independent research project linked to one of the research areas indicated below (80% of full time). In addition, the position entails Department work such as teaching, research cooperation and cooperation with the surrounding community (the remaining 20% of full time). The holder will be expected to perform most of the research at the University of Gothenburg and to actively contribute to the Department s seminar activities.

The research project must be linked to one of the following two alternatives:

1) Western Esotericism and Islamology, for example notions of the Muslim in esoteric discourses, transfer of magic, alchemy and astrology from Islamic traditions to Western currents, and the adoption of Western esoteric practices within Sufic organisations.

2) Religion and Health, for example research on mental and physical health in relation to religious traditions, praxis and discourses.

Eligibility

Applicants must have completed a doctoral degree no more than three years prior to the application deadline.

Assessment

In the assessment of applications, particular weight will be assigned to documented scientific proficiency through prior research and published works, as well as the applicant s research plan and its relevance with respect to current research at the Department.

Women are particularly encouraged to apply since female researchers in the field of Religious Studies are underrepresented at the Department.

The recruitment process may include interviews and contacting references.

 

http://www.gu.se/english/about_the_university/announcements-in-the-job-application-portal/?languageId=0&disableRedirect=true&id=19144&Dnr=530668&Type=E

 

 

Comments are closed.