GEORGETOWN UNIVERSTIY SCHOOL OF FOREIGN SERVICE IN QATAR
Center for International and Regional Studies
Location: Doha, Qatar
Post-Doctoral Fellowship on the Middle East
Deadline: January 6, 2013, or until the position is filled
Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar’s Center for International and Regional Studies (CIRS) is pleased to announce an opening for a Post-Doctoral Fellowship. The fellowship will support a recent PhD recipient in any discipline working on the Middle East. Priority is given to projects with demonstrated relevance to the Persian Gulf.
- The term of the award runs August 1, 2013, through July 31, 2014.
- The fellowship requires residence at the Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar.
- In the absence of teaching responsibilities, the fellow is expected to work on turning his or her dissertation into a book manuscript for publication. Normally, fellows are also expected to submit a draft paper for consideration for publication in the CIRS Occasional Paper Series. The recipients also participate fully in the academic and intellectual life of the CIRS and Georgetown University-Qatar, including delivering occasional lectures and taking part in the CIRS’s academic seminars and conferences.
- Applicants must have completed a PhD (in hand) between August 1, 2010, and July 31, 2013.
- Applicants will be assessed on the originality of their scholarship and the high quality of their academic record.
- Cover letter and current curriculum vitae
- Synopsis of PhD dissertation
- Three letters of recommendation (including one from the chair of the dissertation committee)
- Candidates should provide a statement outlining the precise nature of the intended work during the period of the fellowship, the final product’s significance for the relevant literature, and when the completion of the project for publication may be expected.
Compensation, benefits and other terms of employment are highly competitive. The package includes stipend, housing, roundtrip airfare to Doha, health insurance, and car allowance. The fellow will be given access to the University’s library, office space and equipment, and administrative support.
Please send application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials may be submitted by mail as well to Zahra Babar, Assistant Director of Research, 3300 Whitehaven Street, NW, Suite 2100, Washington, DC 20007-2401.
For more information, please visit: http://cirs.georgetown.edu/