The 2017-2018 Fulbright U.S Scholar Program competition to the Middle East and North Africa is underway! Each year, U.S. scholars in a wide variety of academic disciplines teach and/or conduct research at educational institutions across the Middle East and North Africa. Beyond their specific research or teaching objectives, Fulbright Scholars to the region build relationships that serve as the foundation for future collaborations and increase mutual understanding across cultures. Applications for 2017-18 are currently being accepted from all levels of faculty, including early career, and professionals.
Some of the awards to the region this year are highlighted below. We also encourage you to review the complete list of awards to the region to find a match for your interests and expertise!
- Algeria – Multiple Disciplines Award
- Bahrain – Educational Administration and Teacher Education Award
- Egypt – Visual and Performing Arts Award
- Israel – Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
- Jordan – Public Policy and International Relations Award
- Middle East and North Africa Regional Research Award
- Morocco – All Disciplines Award
- Palestinian Territories (West Bank only) – All Disciplines Award
- Qatar – International Relations Award
- Saudi Arabia – All Disciplines Award
- Tunisia – Engineering Award
- United Arab Emirates – All Disciplines Awards
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and the deadline for complete applications is August 1, 2016. Please reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
With best regards,
Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program, Middle East/North Africa Team
Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES)
Institute of International Education (IIE)