The Center for the Study of Islam and Democracy (CSID-Tunis), an independent, non-profit, and non-governmental organization based in Tunisia that works to support and consolidate democracy around the world, seeks an Executive Director. This position is based in Tunis, Tunisia.
Position Summary: The Executive Director will work with CSID-Tunis staff and volunteers to provide programmatic support to CSID-Tunis programs in Tunisia and North Africa, develop the CSID-Tunis strategy for the region, set programmatic priorities, monitor, implement, and evaluate projects, and track program budgets.
• Writing and Submitting grant proposals and progress reports in specific countries;
• Working with the CSID-Tunis board of directors to develop and implement policies and strategies for the organization;
• Maintaining regular communications with potential and existing local and international organizations and donors;
• Represent the organization at local, regional, and international meetings and conferences.
• Building and maintaining relationships with like-minded organizations, including donors, partners and regional organizations.
• Organizing and participating in events to highlight specific democracy-related issues, and facilitating transitions to democracy in Tunisia, Libya, and Egypt.
• Also responsible for all aspects of program administration including application review, coordination with program host sites and facilitators, program evaluation and reporting.
• Provides support for CSID-Tunis communication and fundraising efforts.
• Manages and directs a local staff of between 4 and 6 full-time and part-time employees, interns, and volunteers.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in International Affairs, Political Science, International Development or related discipline;
• At least 5-10 years of extensive experience in democracy, human rights, and NGO related work;
• In-depth understanding of political issues and trends in Tunisia and the North Africa region;
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in Arabic, English, and French;
• MS Office skills; Generally excellent computer skills;
• High degree of organization and initiative;
• Experience developing and facilitating civic engagement and discussion-based public programming.
• Experience supporting communication and fundraising efforts for public programs.
• Excellent leadership, organizational, planning, and communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently.
This position is available on Oct. 1, 2012.
Starting Salary: 2,200 Tunisian Dinars, plus benefits.
To Apply: Applications must include a cover letter, resume, salary history and requirements, and contact information for three references. Please send to email@example.com with your name and “Executive Director, Tunisia & North Africa” in the subject line, as we have multiple positions open). Deadline for submitting applications is August 15, 2012.
Only those offered interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.