The Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC) is proud to partner with the Sultan Qaboos Cultural Center (SQCC) to promote advanced research in the Sultanate of Oman. The SQCC Fellowship Program is open to American pre- and post-doctoral scholars to carry out research in Oman. Scholars in fields in the Humanities, Social Sciences, and allied Natural Sciences are encouraged to apply. Up to two fellowships will be given for 2013.
Up to 20,000 Omani Riyals (approximately $51,000) will be awarded to a scholar or team of scholars who wish to conduct research in Oman. Proposals that seek links or comparisons between the US and Oman are desirable; up to one month of the proposed four-month project may be for used for composing publication of results.
All applicants must:
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident;
- Be a doctoral candidate currently enrolled in good standing at an US institution or a scholar holding a PhD or equivalent degree; and
- Propose a four-month individual or team research project in Oman.
- Complete a research project as outlined in his/her project statement;
- Complete the research project no later than September 30, 2014;
- Produce a publication-ready journal article, book chapter, or conference paper within one year of completing the project; and
- Endeavor to create professional contacts with Omani scholars and institutions to help strength US-Oman connections and share experience with colleagues and peers.
For more details and application, visit: caorc.org/programs/sqcc.htm. Application deadline: January 07, 2013.