The Arab Centre for Research is a newly founded research centre that concentrates on the study of the Arab region, bilateral Arab-British relations and broader Arab-European ties. The centre will hold academic conferences and workshops, in addition to running research projects and producing academic and policy papers on issues of the Middle East, Arab-British relations and Arab-European relations. The centre also seeks to create links and ties with leading British centers and think tanks of the same interest.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Head of Programs will report to the General Director and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Developing and proposing research projects and programs.
- Ensuring implementation of the centre’s strategic vision, values and goals.
- Heading the centre’s research projects and programs, including implementation and evaluation of each.
- Creating a budget for each of the centre’s projects and programs.
- Ensuring that the centre has a presence at relevant conferences and events, in order to disseminate the centre’s main publications and promote its research agenda.
- Establishing new links with external partners, and strengthening existing relationships, in order to establish the centre as an institution of relevant and timely academic research.
- Assisting and working closely with the General Director to:
– Effectively manage the centre, specifically in adherence with research and administrative principles.
– Build a team of qualified researchers and staff that work towards fulfilling the mission of the centre.
– Manage resources efficiently and display sound ethical judgment.
– Coordinate research and collaboration with other research and academic institutions.
– Oversee the organization of conferences and symposia aimed at presenting views on current and important issues in the Arab world.
– Represent the centre in the media and public sphere, helping to raise its profile in the UK and attract Arab researchers and intellectuals in Britain.
- PhD in the social sciences from a reputable academic institution
- Experience in social science research
- A record of distinguished publications and scholarly activities
- Experience in people and project management
- Proven ability to develop local and external collaborations
- Proven ability to create a strategic vision
- Previous leadership experience
- Proven ability to communicate with diverse communities spanning academic, media and political circles
- Proven affiliation with academic institutions and associations
- Proven peer recognition through inclusion on journal or other academic boards
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and oral)
Interested candidates with desired qualifications and skills should submit a cover letter and CV firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Head of Programs”.