Faculty in Public Relations and Advertisement
Abu Dhabi University has been dedicated to offering internationally benchmarked undergraduate and postgraduate programs and has become one of the region’s leading centers of academic excellence. We have a vibrant and cosmopolitan student population of more than 6,000 students from over 60 nationalities enrolled in 32 undergraduate programs and 24 postgraduate programs, including our prestigious DBA.
Abu Dhabi University is the only private higher education institution in the UAE and the region to receive international accreditation and institutional recognition from the “Western Association of Schools and Colleges: Senior College and University Commission – WSCUC”. The College of Engineering has earned international accreditation from ABET for five of its engineering and IT programs. The College of Business Administration is within the niche ranks of only 1% of the world’s business programs that have earned international accreditation from both AACSB and EQUIS.
The university seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to cooperate with peer institutions worldwide, and applies state-of-the-art learning technologies in modern facilities.
The Mass Communication Program in the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) has started in Spring 2012 at Abu Dhabi University, and has a state of the art professional Educational TV studio and a media computer lab.
College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications for faculty appointments at all ranks for Fall 2017/18 in the following areas: Public Relations and Advertisement.
The applicant will be appointed to work in ADU Campuses across the UAE. Appointments at all levels (Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor) are available and will be decided based on qualifications and relevant experience.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- An earned doctorate from an institute in a discipline within specialization from western university or internationally accredited university.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English Languages.
- A practical experience in media production as well as an excellent experience in teaching theoretical Mass Communication courses.
- Relevant experience in teaching Communication and Journalism courses for Print and TV.
- A record of outstanding achievement in higher education and scholarship.
- Successful university teaching experience, relevant to the academic rank.
- Strong research record or potential for publications and research.
- Experience in working with people from different ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, a commitment to the importance of scholarship and diversity, a spirit of entrepreneurship and an understanding of the role of the university in economic development.
- Familiarity with the new media technology, web design, web publication, multimedia and graphic design.
- Fresh PhD graduates from top universities are highly encouraged to apply.
Competitive tax-free compensation & benefits package.