If you’ve participated in an event sponsored by the Center, we invite you to fill out an Event Evaluation.
- Calendar of Local Events | The most comprehensive listing of local events related to the Middle East or other parts of the Muslim world! Contains events sponsored by the Center in addition to many others at UNC, Duke, and elsewhere in the Triangle.
- Programs of Study | The Center supports a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs on various aspects of the Middle East and Muslim civilizations.
- Center Resources | In addition to event funding and small grants for faculty, the Center provides guides to library resources and maintains pages with current job postings in the field of Middle East Studies, as well as career and internship opportunities for students.
- Visiting Scholars | The Center assists visiting scholars with visa paperwork, library privileges, and study space.
Campus & Community Connections
- Duke-UNC Consortium for Middle East Studies | Bringing together the strengths of both institutions.
- Carolina Seminar on Middle East Studies | A program of periodic lectures and other events supported by the Carolina Seminars at UNC.
- Islamic Civilization and Muslim Networks | A UNC Press series co-edited by Center director Carl W. Ernst and Duke University’s Bruce Lawrence.
- UNC Professional Schools in the Middle East | A list of programs and projects linking UNC’s professional schools to the Middle East.
- Global Music | Monthly radio program on WXYC 89.3 FM from 2006-2014. Each month’s show featured music from a particular world region with commentary by guest scholars. Archives are available online.
- ISLAMiCommentary | Provides scholarship-based information to its target audience, which includes people in media, public policy, NGOs, other academic centers and news offices, and members of the general public looking for information about Islam and Muslims. The grant supporting this site ended on June 30, 2016; archives are available online.
- Transcultural Islam Research Network (TIRN) Scholars | Designed to facilitate scholar interaction and to connect scholars with each other. The grant supporting this site ended on June 30, 2016; archives are available online.